Friday, April 25, 2014

Is Lying Lester Really An Ayn Rand Worshipping Objectivist Or Just A Poser?

Is Lying Lester (me) really an Ayn Rand worshipping Objectivist or just a poser? I ask this question because I am currently reading a book by Thomas Piketty titled Capital in the Twenty-First Century.

The Amazon editorial review says this book is a "magisterial treatise on capitalism's inherent dynamics [and that] Piketty ends his book with a ringing call for the global taxation of capital.

A global taxation of capital? To what end? Money for government to hand out to the Takers? YES! Previously there is no way Lying Lester would read, let alone recommend a tome so antithetical to the teachings of the great philosopher, yet I do just that... recommend that the followers of my blog read it.

Now, why would Lying Lester do such a thing? That is a good question. One of my regulars, a fellow sTatism-hater like me, Will Hart, says "I don't know if it's so much untrammeled capitalism that's been causing the wealth disparity as it is the cronyism, the terrible regulatory burden on small businesses, the thoroughly bankrupt educational cartel controlled by the unions... etc".

Yeah, blaming government as well as unions is surely logic Lying Lester can get behind, and further taxing society's winners to subsidize society's losers (this "taxation of capital" idea) is absolutely the wrong way to go. That said, Lying Lester does not know why he's reading this (apparent?) piece of trash.

Oh, well. I am quite a ways in, so I think I'm going to reserve further comment until I complete the book. I do, after all, prefer thinking outside the box and setting old paradigms aside. And, it never hurts if people THINK you're open minded.

That said, I am not going to let this book turn me away from the true path as preached by Ayn Rand, which is that government is corrupt. And we surely do not want government to have any more money (stolen from the Makers in the form of taxation) to hand out to the Takers in order to buy their votes.

The Takers should be weaned off government gifts (money stolen from the Makers) and - those who realize they must work or die - will. And those who refuse to work will perish. Which is as it should be. Our nation is suffering from a parasitical infestation, and the solution is not to encourage the parasites to continue mooching, but to spray the poison and exterminate them.

So, is it irrational to recommend reading a book that says just that? You bet your sweet bippy it is! But Lying Lester has already admitted to extreme irrationality... and is in fact quite proud of it.

Byline: This irrational commentary was authored by Lord Lying Lester: Man of Reason (AKA Lester Nation). Purveyor of hypocrisy. LLIN-030.

No comments:

Post a Comment