Friday, May 27, 2016

As Plainly as I Can Say It... I'm A Gary Johnson Dupe

This commentary concerns my vote for president this November. Will I vote for Trump? I thought long and hard about it, but in the end I decided that Trump is a clown and I refuse to vote for clowns. If he wasn't a former reality show personality? Then, MAYBE I'd vote for him.

I really like his idea about building a wall. Not to keep out Hispanics willing to work for incredibly low wages. I'm 100 percent in favor of opening the borders to let in slave wage laborers (driving down wages for average Americans). But we do need to keep out terrorists who might try and sneak over the border (perhaps with a suitcase nuke).

So, that's a NO on Trump (unfortunately).

But you know who else I refuse to vote for? I refuse to vote for a person who lies to the families of the victims of the Benghazi attacks (telling them one thing when you told your own family something different) and who, when pressed on the matter, strongly implies that they're the ones who are lying.

Regardless of whether or not that actually happened. Which it did not. According to David Brooks (a man I admire because he's one of the very few commentators out there who holds both sides' feet to the fire) the search for something (anything) to indict Hillary on (in regards to Benghazi) failed because there was no scandal. In Brook's words the endless "investigation" of HRC over Benghazi resulted in NOTHING to slime Hillary with because it was a "big nothing burger".

David Brooks further said "there is a certain psychosis that goes through people's minds, especially about scandals, but Clinton scandals, where they — where something smells, and they think there must be something big, and they imagine there is about to be some big revelation that will destroy their careers".

Yeah, I think that just about sums it up for me. The psychosis that results in thinking there MUST be something big. That "something" being the "fact" that HRC "lied" to some of the families of those who lost loved ones in Benghazi. See also Lara Logan's debunked reporting regarding what Dylan Davies (a British employee of the security company Blue Mountain Group) said happened on the night of the Benghazi attacks.

According to Davies (as per his incident report) he "could not get anywhere near" the compound the night of the attack. Later he changed his story. In the revised version he "scaled a wall of the compound, personally struck a terrorist in the face with his rifle butt, and later went to the Benghazi hospital to see Ambassador Chris Stevens' body". Presumably he made himself a hero in this version in order to sell a book (a book that Simon & Schuster pulled when it discovered Davis was a liar).

Regardless of whether or not Davis is a liar (which he is), I continue to stick to my guns and insist that Lara Logan's reporting (reporting which she apologized for, saying "we made a mistake") PROVES that that IT'S NOT a "fake scandal" After All!!! And, yeah, I strongly suspect that Ms. Logan is going to get slimed over this one. Just because she said she made a mistake in putting a liar on the air?

Does it really matter that Davis lied? I say NO. What's important is the story that Logan initially reported. A story that makes the Obama administration and HRC look bad. Sorry, but I've got to part ways with the estimable David Brooks on this one. In this instance I think he took his penchant for holding people's feet to the fire regardless of party TO FAR. I mean, in this instance I think harming HRC's presidential chances is what is important. As opposed to getting the facts right.

For the record, when I said before that I'd vote for Hillary if someone held a gun to my head and told me I had to chose between her and Donald... and I said I'd vote for Hillary? What I forgot to add was (in that scenario), it was Hillary who was holding the gun to my head. If nobody was holding a gun to my head - and the choice was Hillary or Donald? I'd choose Donald. Despite him being a clown. And least he isn't a liar like Hillary (even though what I SAY she lied about is something she actually didn't lie about).

That's who and why I'm voting for Gary Johnson again. I'm totally in with his use of the buzzwords "liberty" and "freedom". Because he's referring to freedom and liberty for rich people. Mostly freedom from high taxes. Nevermind the fact that, belying the "liberty" facade, Gary has surrounded himself with a bevy of Rightwing opperatives.

Gary Johnson's campaign chief, Ron Nielson... runs a conservative polling firm called NSON Opinion Strategies, whose headquarters is the same three-story building on South Temple Road as Johnson's campaign headquarters... NSOM has a history of working with GOP right-wingers including crotchety Mormon asshole Orin Hatch and ex-witch and masturbation-denier Christine O'Donnell... Gary Johnson's campaign headquarters is located in Romney's backyard, in a right-wing Republican polling firm's office.

[Also] according to documents filed with the state of Utah, the person responsible for filing the paperwork to register Gary Johnson's "Our America Initiative" is Maureen Otis, a Texas attorney with deep roots in the far-right Minutemen movement, and with Republican Party voter-suppression dirty tricks. (The Gary Johnson Swindle by Mark Ames. 11/6/2012).

The article goes on, but you get the idea. Gary Johnson being a "Libertarian" is (as per the article title) a swindle. Gary, despite his claims of wanting "liberty", associates himself with Rightwing operatives who are involved in voter suppression. Suppression that benefits Republican candidates.

Keep in mind that Gary (running as a Libertarian) has ZERO chance becoming president. So what's the game here? Help yourself by helping those who are cheating to get Republicans elected? Yeah, I think that's it.

Which I should note is A-OK by me. Will GOP dirty tricks help Donald Trump get elected? I think it's definitely possible that Republican voter suppression could hand the presidency to Gary Johnson Donald Trump. Sure, I'd be ecstatic if (somehow) voter suppression benefited Gary Johnson. Unfortunately that's not going to happen.

That being the case, I'm OK with Trump getting "elected" president. I'm not in love with the idea, but it is what it is. Better him than a piece of shit like HRC. Although (like I said) I'm voting for Johnson. Unless Hillary held a gun to my head. Then I'd vote for her. I'm only one vote and surely my one vote is NOT worth dying over. At least it isn't worth ME dying over. If Hillary held a gun to wd's head and said "vote for me or else" (I'll blow wd's head off)? I'd tell her to pull the trigger.

Byline: This commentary was authored by Willis "I Love Strawmen" Hart. Purveyor of unfacts. LLIN-256.

No comments:

Post a Comment