Saturday, July 30, 2016

On The Fact That I Don't Consider Myself An "American"

Did you know that, even after the Constitution was ratified by every state, New Yorkers, Virginians, etc. continued to identify themselves by their state of residence, rather than by their national citizenship?

Yeah, the centralizers, gun-toters and cronies (Hamilton, Clay, Lincoln, Wilson, the Roosevelts, etc.) eventually put a screaming halt to that (self-determination only being a good thing for Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, etc. apparently), and now we're ALL "Americans".

Although it's mostly because I hate democracy so much that I don't consider myself an American, but rather more of a sovereign citizen. By which I mean that, while I don't consider myself a member of the movement, I do subscribe to many of their beliefs. Sovereign citizens, for example, "especially reject most forms of taxation as illegitimate".

Which I do. I continue to pay taxes, however. But only because I know that jackbooted agents of the State will show up on my doorstep with a guns and threaten my life if I don't. Yeah, I refuse to voluntarily participate in a system that steals from productive people to give to lazy unproductive people.

I do participate involuntarily, but only because I value my life and don't wish to be murdered or imprisoned. The fact remains, however, that I never signed the social contract, which is why I REALLY resent having to pay anything toward the "common good". AKA redistribution, AKA theft, which is (obviously) evil.

Byline: This commentary was authored by Willis "I Love Strawmen" Hart. Purveyor of unfacts. LLIN-303.

No comments:

Post a Comment