Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cruz and Rubio Should Stop Repeatedly Blasting Trump for Not Releasing His Tax Forms!

It's outrageous because Trump is being audited and no reputable tax attorney would ever recommend that a person being audited release his or her records to the public. Also, it is true that Cruz and Rubio have both released their 1040 forms, neither has released their Schedule C form and that is clearly what has the juicier info.

I mean, you do want the total picture here, right - and preferably from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight, like me, Willis Hart? I mean, I'm for Gary Johnson (even though his chances are zero). But you can absolutely trust my objectivity on this.

Sure, if I wasn't voting for Gary Johnson I might vote for Trump and I hate both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns, but otherwise I'm the most objective dude on the plant.

Anyway, as you recall Mitt Romney followed the precedent set by John McCain by releasing two years of tax returns. Although McCain, the 2008 GOP nominee, bucked the trend of other recent presidential candidates. In more than three decades, no other nominees for either party have released fewer than five years' worth of returns, and Romney's own father released a dozen years’ worth when he ran for the GOP nomination in 1968 (source).

But now maybe Trump is setting a new precedent, in that he'll release zero years of tax returns? I hope so, because a man's tax returns are really nobody else's business. My respect for Mr. Trump would go up by a notch or two if he stood up to this precedent of tax return releasing. If only he'd refudiate eminent domain, I might actually consider voting for him.

Byline: This objective commentary was authored by Willis "I Love Strawmen" Hart, purveyor of unfacts. LLIN-213.

No comments:

Post a Comment