Monday, June 2, 2014

Lying Lester Salutes & Pays Tribute to A Grate American

Ronald Wilson Reagan (2/6/1911 to 6/4/2004), the 40th President of The United States of America, and some say one of the worst. President Reagan would currently be 103-years-old were he still with us. I am sure many share my fond remembrances of a man larger than life, but then most people are stupid.

Reagan began his political leanings as a dEmocrat. However, as the party shifted ever further to the pRogressive lEft (IMO; not in reality) the man traitor (to his ideals) who - was instrumental in pulling the nation from the devastating super inflation and malaise of the Carter Presidency was president after Carter due to the traitorous October Suprise pulled by his campaign, falsely given credit for engineering the downfall of the Soviet Union, and a traitor (to his country) for secretly selling arms to Iran - who changed parties and became a rEpublican when he was a young man (because he got rich and didn't want to pay his taxes).

President Reagan was known to say he didn't leave the dEmocratic Party, the dEmocratic Party left him, although we all know that is complete horseshit. It is interesting that my father, born in 1932 and a long time dEmocrat, has expressed these same sentiments many times. Today he is a fiercely proud Independent who feels he was betrayed by the dEmocratic Party, because he is an idiot like me.

I have begun to understand just why President Reagan and my father could not continue to support the modern version of the dEmocratic Party or it's pro-worker/anti-rich f*ck agenda. I tell myself it is because they were at heart Classical Liberals. Liberal in the vein of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Thomas Paine, and Samuel Adams et all. But in my brain I know that is utter baloney (and a notion I invented likely due to my slowly going senile, just like Reagan).

The dEmocratic Party, originally called the Democratic Republican Party was the party of Jefferson. It was a party of government of The People and fiscal responsibility. A party that supported maximum individual liberty. Principles that President Reagan rejected when he switched parties. Today I can't help but believe were Jefferson alive he would support neither of the major parties. I imagine he would be like my father, a fiercely proud independent. And by "imagine" I mean that this scenario is obviously a complete fantasy.

President Reagan switched to the Republican Party because in the 60s, and going forward until today, it represented the ideals of further enriching the already wealthy. Reagan was a huge voice for conservatism and an American aristocracy based on wealth (as well as paranoia regarding Communism). But the conservatism he loved is a far cry from the conservatism of the late 20th and early 21st century (in my mind only). I find myself wondering if Ronny were still with us if he would be a fiercely proud independent conservative.

I'm guessing no, but for this Reagan-worshipping/self-aggrandizing post I will pretend that he would. In any case, Reagan did drop taxes significantly on the wealthy - setting up the decline of the middle class - so for that reason alone Lying Lester salutes him as a great American.

Byline: This blog post was authored by Lord Lying Lester: Man of Reason (AKA Lester Nation). Purveyor of grateness. LLIN-077.

1 comment:

  1. Swapping 5-of there hardest and most dangerous poisoners for an soldier who had deserted his unit has got to be the ultimate insult to our Troops.
    This president hates the United States and will do everything in his power to destroy as much of the United States as possible before he leaves office... What more does this idiot have to do before someone will kick his out of office.. But you Libs won't be able to understand that.

    ReplyDelete